Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
Variety Fav(s): Golden Red
- 1½ lbs. Golden Red potatoes, sliced in ⅛” thick coins
- 1½ tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. coarse Kosher salt
- 2 tsp. malt vinegar
- 2 tsp. chopped parsley leaves
Preheat oven to 450-degrees on the bake/roast setting with the oven rack in the third place from the top (just above middle). Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or brush with olive oil and set aside.
Combine potatoes and olive oil in a medium-size mixing bowl and toss to coat. Arrange the potatoes in the muffin tin so that they look like coins standing on edge packed together, but not more than one layer (i.e. do not stack more potatoes on top). Pack the potatoes until they are snug and stop there. Sprinkle salt evenly over the top of the potatoes.
Place potatoes in preheated oven and roast for about 45 minutes, or until the tops of the potato coins are golden brown. Remove from the oven with a heat-proof pad/glove, finish with malt vinegar and a sprinkle of parsley and serve.
- Overfilling the muffin tins will lead to softer, “steamed” potatoes. Make sure there’s room for air to circulate!
- Mix up flavors by adding your favorite cheeses, fresh herbs or truffle oil!
- Serve as a side or snack.
- Pairs perfectly with caramelized onion dip.