Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
Variety Fav(s): Golden Red
- 3 lbs. Golden Red potatoes, halved (smaller potatoes) or quartered (larger potatoes)
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1¼ tsp. coarse Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- 4 spears (or 1 whole) dill pickle, diced
- 3 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- ¾ c. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh dill weed, chopped
Preheat oven to 475-degrees on the bake/roast setting with the oven rack placed near the top position.
In a large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Spread out potatoes evenly onto two baking sheets and roast in preheated oven for about 45 minutes, or until deeply golden brown.
While potatoes are roasting, combine onions, pickles, eggs, celery, mayonnaise, mustard, parsley and dill weed in a separate large mixing bowl (or wash and re-use the first one) and mix with rubber spatula until well-combined.
When potatoes are finished, remove from oven using a heat-proof pad/glove and allow to rest on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then scrape into mixing bowl with mayo mix.
Fold the potatoes and mayo mix with a spatula until all potatoes are coated. Serve warm or refrigerate and save for later. Will last 3-5 days refrigerated in a sealed container.
- Try mixing up the flavors with ingredients like cheddar, bacon, green onions, apples and walnuts!
- If both baking sheets do not fit on a single rack, set a second rack in the position just below the top rack and place the top potato tray pushed all the way left and the bottom pushed all the way right.